access the Tap2Deliver Services (as defined in the Terms of Service) through a browser, a mobile application, or any other method.
Information we collect
1. Information you provide to us or allow others to provide to us
At various points in the Tap2Deliver experience, you may provide us with information about yourself. For example, when you create an account through the Services, you provide us with personal information like your name, email address, and postal code. If you request a delivery or otherwise use the Services, we collect information including your address, phone number, birth date (when required), credit card information, and the details of your order. Your account information may be updated or corrected by accessing your account settings.
If you log into the Services through a third-party service, both we and that third-party may
receive some information about you and your use of the services. For example, if you choose to log into the Services with your Facebook account, we may receive information from Facebook, such as your name, e-mail address, public profile information, and information about your contacts.
We may also offer social sharing tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button) that let you share actions on the Services with other websites and vice versa. In those cases, the providers of those tools may receive information about you when you use those tools. You should check the privacy policies of these third party services and your settings there for more information.
Our partners may let us collect information about use of their sites/apps or share such
information with us. For example, if you use an Tap2Deliver button or widget on another site or app, we may receive information about your use of that button or widget and the third-party site/app.
2. Technical information about usage of the Services
When you use the Services, either through a browser or mobile app, we automatically receive some technical information about the hardware and software that is being used.
Cookies, Pixels, and Other Tracking Technologies: We, our partners, our advertisers, and third party advertising networks use various technologies to collect information, including but not limited to cookies, pixels, scripts, and device identifiers. Cookies are small text files that are sent by your computer when you access our services through a browser. We, our partners, our advertisers, and third party advertising networks may use session cookies (which expire when you close your browser), persistent cookies (which expire when you choose to clear them from your browser), pixels, scripts, and other identifiers to collect information from your browser or device that helps us do things such as understand how you use our services and other services; personalize your experience; measure, manage, and display advertising on the Services or on other services; understand your usage of the Services and other services in order to serve customized ads and remember that you are logged into the Services. By using your browser settings, you may block cookies or adjust settings for notifications when a cookie is set.
Log information: When you use the Services, our servers will record information about your usage of the Services and information that is sent by your browser or device. Log information can include things like the IP address of your device, information about the browser, operating system and/or app you are using, unique device identifiers, pages that you navigate to and links that you click, searches that you run on the Services, and other ways you interact with the Services. If you are logged into the Services, this information is stored with your account
Interest-Based or Online Behavioural Advertising: Tap2Deliver may use third-party advertising companies to serve interest-based advertisements to you. These companies compile information from various online sources (including mobile-enabled browsers and applications) to match you with ads that will be the most relevant, interesting, and timely for you.
How we use your information
We may use the information we collect for various purposes, including to:
• Provide the Services to you, improve the quality of the Services, and develop new products and services
• Allow Drivers to contact you when applicable with updates or issues with pick up or delivery
• Allow our retail partners, and their employees/agents where applicable, to contact you with any updates or issues with pick up or delivery
• Charge you for the delivery costs through our payment processing partners
• Offer you customized content (including advertising, coupons, and promotions)
• Understand how users interact with the Services (including advertising both on and off the Services) as a whole and to test new features or changes in our features
• Provide customer service, respond to your communications and requests, and contact you about your use of the Services
You can opt-out of receiving promotional communications from Tap2Deliver by using the
settings on the Account Info page or by using the unsubscribe mechanism included in the
message, where applicable.
What we share
The Services comprise a platform that presents you with a set of parameters that will effect your delivery by individual Driver(s) to your location. In order to make this work, we need to share information about you and your package with the other parties who help enable the service. This includes, for example, the Driver(s) who pick and deliver your order, the payment processing partner(s) that we use to validate and charge your credit card, and the retail partner(s), if applicable, from whom you are purchasing goods. To be clear, only our payment processing partner(s) receive credit card information.
We also share information under the following principles:
• With your consent or at your direction — We will share your information with entities outside of the Services when we have your consent to do so or it is done at your direction.
• For external processing or service provision — If we employ third parties to process information on our behalf or to provide certain services (such as advertising services, or information to better tailor our services to you). For the purposes of this processing or provision of services, we may share your information with them under appropriate confidentiality provisions.
• For legal purposes — We may share your information when we believe that the
disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal process, or requests from law enforcement or regulatory authorities, (b) prevent, detect, or otherwise handle fraud, security, or technical issues, and (c) protect the safety, rights, or property of any person, the public, or Tap2Deliver.
• On a non-personal or aggregate basis — We share information on both a non-personally identifying basis (including, but not limited to, delivery details but not including credit card information) or an aggregate basis.
• For business purposes — We may share your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company. We may also share your information between and among Tap2Deliver, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
Changes to this Policy
While outside of Canada, personal information will be subject to applicable local laws, which may permit government and national security authorities in those jurisdictions to access your personal information in certain circumstances.
You may request access to or correction of your personal information, or withdraw consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, by writing to our us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing us c/o B – 777 Blanshard Street, Victoria, British Columbia, V8W 2G9.
These rights are subject to applicable contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before honoring any such requests.